Friday, September 14, 2007

New York

My friend moved to New York recently. I went to visit him in the west side. His apartment is walkable from the Central Park.

The apartments in NYC are known for their shoebox size rooms and exorbitant rents. My friends apartment is no exception. Its a 14x10 room and the rent is 2800$.

I fell in love with the view from his apartment. One can see the central park from his apartment. For a brief moment i thought of renting an apartment in the city. Although staying in the city doesn't make sense to me as my work is in Stamford. Still the city life was sucking me like a sponge.

I have two options in my plate. One to find a job in the city and then move to the city or find an apartment in the city and find a job later. Both are feasible options but my mind is always wavering. Even though i like the bustling city life i also like the relaxed small town life in Stamford.

Last year my rule was to "act, when in doubt". This year i have decided not to act in doubt. So i convinced myself that crappy apartment space is not helpful and i am staying in Stamford itself.

No comments: